Re: [AD] CVS access to Allegro

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 06:04:50PM +0200, Stepan Roh wrote:
> Personally, I don't think that moving Allegro to SoundForge is good. I
> think the best way is the same way Freeciv is done (see
> http://www.freeciv.org). They have their own website, CVS, source browser,
> ftp server and mailing lists (although stored on complete.org, but address
> is for example freeciv@xxxxxxxxxx) and many more (public gaming civserver
> for example). It's nice and clean and everything is in one place. We will
> have allegro.cc some day (maybe), but it's too slow for me (even if I'm on
> TEN-155).

Who would fund us hiring a server with a permanent connection,
though?  The most important thing SourceForge would provide
(they're not the only ones, if there's some specific problem
with them) is a machine to store the CVS repository on which
has a good fast permanent connection to the internet.

Ah, were you just complaining about the DNS name?  That's
trivial to change, and SourceForge have a policy about it --
they'll even answer DNS queries for your domain if you tell them
to.  Registering domains costs money though.

George

--
Random project update:
19/03/2000: Libnet 0.10.6 uploaded -- bugfixes and new features, of course!