Re: [AD] some additions to DGA driver

Eric Botcazou <botcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Here's my question: what's the utility of clearing the video memory ?

After setting graphics mode, it just loops through all (memsize)
addresses, switches banks when necessary and writes zeros.

> As I said in my previous reply, if this is intended for making the
> things more fine-looking, why not to take the following approach: let
> the user choose the location of the window as in the true X mode, then
> switch to the DGA mode and make it fit perfectly into the window.
> I posted a patch which implements it two months ago, but Shawn didn't
> keep it. Maybe now with your support...

Users may have no control over position of window if program switches
to DGA mode directly.  Also there are problems with choosing correct
window size (should we wrap virtual screen or only normal screen).

But if you still have this patch, I would like to see it.  Could you
send it to me?

--
Michael Bukin