Re: [AD] some additions to DGA driver

Eric Botcazou <botcazou@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> IMHO, centering the DGA screen is an interesting feature but I don't
> like the second one very much: what's then the difference between the
> windowed and the fullscreen mode ? Why then to bother with a windowed
> driver ?

Sorry, I don't understand the question.  IMHO, Allegro in normal X
window is best environment for debugging.  Some people, including me,
don't want DGA mode which switches X resolution.  Centering Allegro
screen inside display does not reduce size of available virtual screen
and can only have problems with banked DGA modes, but centering is
disabled in such cases.  I don't see why we should not have this
feature if it is so simple to implement and is rather attractive.

> If you don't want to see the Allegro's window on the top-left corner of
> the screen, why not to consider the approach I followed in an earlier
> patch I posted on the list ?

Sorry, I don't remember what was your patch about (or I did not
receive it somehow).  Could you give some description of this
approach.

--
Michael Bukin