Re: [translations] Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Il giorno lun 23 lug 2018 alle 21:48, Rafael Fontenelle <rafaelff@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
Hi, Frederico.

See the attachment for a patch of my translation. Although the
generated contents I see in my system are the same you showed, I
notice the generated files for the pt_BR tree have only headings and
subheadings, and the main content of each page is not present. And the
pt_BR are very different from others. Did I miss something?

This is correct.
The script simply copies the structure but not the content.
I cannot remember since I started the italian translation 9 years ago!

Anyway, I strongly recommend using a "manual" process instead of the scripts. Just copy the english file you want to translate in the matching folder of your language, then translate the english content, add @translationof where needed and put the Git committish at the top of the file. Or, if you started translating already, do some copy&paste from the english to the brazilian file.

Check the other translations to see what they did. Best references are french and spanish translations, which are well maintained... well, also italian translation :-)

Also, the command 'make ISOLANG pt_BR check-translation' doesn't work:

$ make ISOLANG=pt_BR check-translation
ISOLANG=pt_BR /usr/bin/python2 -tt
../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py  pt_BR/included/.gitignore
pt_BR/web.texi pt_BR/web/common-macros.itexi pt_BR/web/community.itexi
pt_BR/web/cyrillic.itexi pt_BR/web/download.itexi
pt_BR/web/introduction.itexi pt_BR/web/macros.itexi
pt_BR/web/manuals.itexi pt_BR/web/news-headlines.itexi
langdefs.py: warning: lilypond-doc gettext domain not found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 168, in <module>
    main ()
  File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 165, in main
    do_file (i, langdefs.LANGDICT.keys ())
  File "../scripts/auxiliar/check_translation.py", line 54, in do_file
    raise Exception ('cannot determine language for ' + file_name)
Exception: cannot determine language for pt_BR/included/.gitignore
make: *** [GNUmakefile:377: check-translation] Error 1

I'm testing your patch.
You can safely remove the empty file pt_BR/included/.gitignore and try again. You'll have to add a couple of .itexi files there as you proceed with translation of the website.