Re: [translations] Starting Brazilian Portuguese translation for Docs

Il giorno dom 22 lug 2018 alle 21:23, Rafael Fontenelle <rafaelff@xxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
Hello,

I'm considering to start translating the Lilypond's documentation to
my native language. I've read the documentation concerning this
subject [1] and I notice some errors when running 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR
new-lang' inside Documentation directory and then 'make ISOLANG=pt_BR
check-translation' failed after a few translations. The '... new-lang'
command line was executed after './autogen.sh', of course.

I notice the first error occurred when Documentation/GNUmakefile
called scripts/auxiliar/texi-langutils.py, which didn't find
'texidocs.tely' and 'texidocs.texi'. I don't know if the other erros
and warnings are a consequence of it.

Could I get some help please?

Hello Rafael

How did you run ./configure?
Contributor Guide says you should use an out of tree build, but IIRC translators should not do so. I always run ./configure from the main directory and I run translation scripts when I'm in the Documentation directory.