Re: [translations] new to list

Malte Meyn <lilypond@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Am 10.10.2017 um 18:11 schrieb David Kastrup:
>> Malte Meyn <lilypond@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> That’s not the problem … I have this in .bashrc and it’s definitely
>>> defined and exported:
>>>
>>> malte@HOSTNAME ~$ cd $LILYPOND_GIT/Documentation
>>> malte@HOSTNAME ~/lilypond/Documentation (translation=)$
>>
>> It's _defined_.  Whether it is exported is a different question.  It
>> will be available in every interactive shell even if not exported.
>>
>> So what lines do you use for defining and exporting it?
>>
> ~$ tail -n3 ~/.bashrc
> export LILYPOND_GIT=/home/malte/lilypond
> export LILYPOND_BUILD_DIR=/home/malte/lilypond/build
> export LILYPOND_WEB_MEDIA_GIT=/home/malte/lilypond-extra
> ~$ . ~/.bashrc
> ~$ cd $LILYPOND_GIT/Documentation
> ~/lilypond/Documentation (translation=)$ make ISOLANG=de check-translation
> make: /python/langdefs.py: Kommando nicht gefunden
> make: /python/langdefs.py: Kommando nicht gefunden
> ../make/stepmake.make:130: /stepmake/omf-targets.make: Datei oder
> Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
> make: *** Keine Regel, um „/stepmake/omf-targets.make“ zu
> erstellen. Schluss.
> ~/lilypond/Documentation (translation=)$

Uh yeah, that's rather unambiguous.

The Makefile scripts appear to use $(top-src-dir) here.  It's probably
handed down from the top Makefile.  You like need to do

make ISOLANG=de check-translation

in the top directory rather than the Documentation directory in order to
get this hand-down to work?

--
David Kastrup