Re: [translations] new to list

Il giorno mar 10 ott 2017 alle 16:46, Malte Meyn <lilypond@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:

$ cd ~/lilypond
$ make ISOLANG=de check-translation
make: /python/langdefs.py: Kommando nicht gefunden
make: /python/langdefs.py: Kommando nicht gefunden
../make/stepmake.make:130: /stepmake/omf-targets.make: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden make: *** Keine Regel, um „/stepmake/omf-targets.make“ zu erstellen. Schluss.
$

This looks as if $(top-src-dir) in Documentation/GNUmakefile isn’t expanded to (the value of) $LILYPOND_GIT but I have no idea why … In case it’s relevant: I’m using GNU Make 4.2.1 and Python 3.6.2.

What am I doing wrong?

Perhaps you should use Python 2? (for the langdefs.py error)

All translators run `make check-translation` in the Documentation directory.
It's been discussed here a few times.
There's an open issue about improving the CG for translators. I wrote a simple guide some time ago. I'll search the link tomorrow.