Re: [translations] new to list

Am 10.10.2017 um 11:10 schrieb Michael Gerdau:
Hi Malte,

I would like to translate some of the documentation to German. For
start, I’d prefer something not too big, maybe changes.tely as 2.20 is
to be released soon? How should I start, simply read the contributors
guide or is there anything else to know?

the contributors guide is a good place to start. There is a special section on rtranslating the documentation:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/translating-the-documentation.html
(the link on the lilypond site is currently broken as it already points to 2.21).

Ok, I’ll read that.

I suggest you also subscribe to the translators list.

Already done that ;)

And of course ask whenever something is unclear :)

Ok, here are two first questions:

CG section 5.9.2 of the says “Unmentioned files should not be translated.” and changes.tely is not mentioned but there are translations of changes.tely in the translation branch (es, it and fr). So I assume it’s okay to translate it also to German?

I’m trying to make check-translation according to http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-translation-maintenance but I get the following error message:

$ cd ~/lilypond
$ make ISOLANG=de check-translation
make: /python/langdefs.py: Kommando nicht gefunden
make: /python/langdefs.py: Kommando nicht gefunden
.../make/stepmake.make:130: /stepmake/omf-targets.make: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden make: *** Keine Regel, um „/stepmake/omf-targets.make“ zu erstellen. Schluss.
$

This looks as if $(top-src-dir) in Documentation/GNUmakefile isn’t expanded to (the value of) $LILYPOND_GIT but I have no idea why … In case it’s relevant: I’m using GNU Make 4.2.1 and Python 3.6.2.

What am I doing wrong?