Re: [translations] Complete patchset for Documentation/de/web

Michael Gerdau <mgd@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> I'd rather try an old-version executable specified by environment
>> variable than a full VM: the full VM may need less maintenance but when
>> I worked with VMs I considered the resulting performance hit a nuisance.
>> And make no mistake, LilyPond's make doc takes a whole lot of time.
>
> I now have created a texi2html-1.82 package for my system and
> replaced texi2html-5.0 by it since it also turned out that the only
> resaon I had texi2html installed in the first place was because the
> lilypond configure depends on it.
>
> My first impression is, that going back to texi2html-1.82 fixes the
> obvious problems with
> make -j9 doc
>

> While dealing with this and related problems:
> AFAICT texi2html is a dead package and been superceeded by texi2any
> which is part of the regular texinfo package.
>
> Will this (eventually) be reflected in the regular lilypond build
> process ?
>
> What would have to be done to achieve that ?
> Fix issue #1000 ?

Yup, but that's being actively worked on as far as I understand.

> [and is this list the proper place to ask such questions? ]

The doc build as such is on-topic on lilypond-devel@xxxxxxx of course.
But also, of course, the people on the translator list very much depend
on the doc build system.

So if your doc problems are not specific to the translations, you might
reach a larger audience on the developer list.

--
David Kastrup