Re: [translations] Complete patchset for Documentation/de/web

Michael Gerdau <mgd@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Any chance to install the lilyvm development environment or install an
>> older copy of texi2html on your system?  Even if it's somewhere private,
>> it may work to run something like
>>
>> make CPU_COUNT=3 -j3 TEXI2HTML=/home/myself/texi2html-1.x/bin/texi2html
>> doc
>>
>> for compiling.
>
> I had hoped to get away w/o doing that...I used to have 4-5 different
> VMs for different purposes and was very happy that since I moved to
> ArchLinux I had no need for them anymore.
>
> I will reconsider that position.

I'd rather try an old-version executable specified by environment
variable than a full VM: the full VM may need less maintenance but when
I worked with VMs I considered the resulting performance hit a nuisance.
And make no mistake, LilyPond's make doc takes a whole lot of time.

--
David Kastrup