Re: [translations] Re: Catalan translation priority II

Francisco Vila <paconet.org@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> * Federico Bruni, fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx [29/07/14 10:40]:
>>> Try:
>>> git format-patch origin/translation
>>
>> With that instruction still all the patches of master not in
>> translation were created.
>
> This means your current branch is master. It should be translation.
> format-patch expects a range or a <since> commit, in which case the
> upper limit of the range is assumed to be HEAD. What happens when
> <since>..HEAD are in two different branches is that the range is taken
> to be a huge branchful of commits, those that connect both HEADs.
>
>> I think the problem is that the translation
>> branch should be rebased against the master branch, but in that case
>> my local branch could be rebased directly against master, right?
>
> For sanity, I think you should forget master and concentrate in
> translation for all. Very rarely you'll need master for anything about
> translations unless you want to translate something still not there,
> which in turn would bring new problems.

I've taken the liberty of merging master into translation.  While this
will likely cause some additional work/rebase, at least it should end
the current confusion for now.  I'll merge back translation into staging
to complete the synch.

--
David Kastrup