Re: [translations] Re: Catalan translation priority II

> * Federico Bruni, fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx [29/07/14 10:40]:
>> Try:
>> git format-patch origin/translation
>
> With that instruction still all the patches of master not in
> translation were created.

This means your current branch is master. It should be translation.
format-patch expects a range or a <since> commit, in which case the
upper limit of the range is assumed to be HEAD. What happens when
<since>..HEAD are in two different branches is that the range is taken
to be a huge branchful of commits, those that connect both HEADs.

> I think the problem is that the translation
> branch should be rebased against the master branch, but in that case
> my local branch could be rebased directly against master, right?

For sanity, I think you should forget master and concentrate in
translation for all. Very rarely you'll need master for anything about
translations unless you want to translate something still not there,
which in turn would bring new problems.