Re: [translations] Latest bunch of doc changes

Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>> It's probably a nuisance if you cannot compile translations, so I'll
>> upgrade VERSION.  It will cause merge conflicts into master, but I have
>> several of those already anyway.
>>

> so the next stable will be 2.18.2? 2.18.1 has been skipped?

Yes and no.  Just when it had started building I figured out that I had
cherry-picked unintended commits from the development branch in my rush
to get 2.18.1 out that weekend, and then Keith figured out that they
constituted an actually pretty solid regression, nothing one could
release in a stable branch.  Phil did not want to interrupt the
build/upload since he did not know what this might result in.  So we
decided not to announce it and to not link to it.

> commit c0a15fedf45c535ae75faa0c7e3e6caca7a6e021
> Author: David Kastrup <dak@xxxxxxx>
> Date:   Mon Feb 17 16:41:39 2014 +0100
>
>     Release: bump/rewind VERSION
>
>     Since version 2.18.1 is not fit for general consumption, rewind
>     VERSION_STABLE to 2.18.0 while bumping the next version to 2.18.2.
>
>     (cherry picked from commit 48b3a7e2a5112de5dacc07dfd40e34bf9a09c3ca)
>
>     Conflicts:
>         VERSION
>
> I'm running make doc...

Well yes, that's the story.