Re: [translations] Re: [Lilypond-auto] Patchy report

Il 31/08/2012 15:06, John Mandereau ha scritto:
Il giorno ven, 31/08/2012 alle 14.25 +0200, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
Correct me if I'm wrong: I don't think that we _have to_ translate the
@ref, because the text is translated anyway in the specific language
page and the link works.  See an example here:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/learning/introduction-to-tweaks.it.html

AFAICS this page isn't translated to Italian, but it seems to work
anyway.

Yes, because it links to a chapter which has been translated and whose nodes have all a @translationof (I've translated all LM except for chapter 4, which I'm working on now).

The advantage of leaving it untranslated is that you don't have to
search and fix all the @ref occurrences of a node in case you want to
translate it differently.

Doesn't the automatic translation require adding the definition of an
empty node with a @translationof, or some entry in the PO file in
Documentation/po?

Yes, the @ref refers to a @node which is somehow associated to @translationof

I guess that the automatic translation is defined here:
scripts/build/extract_texi_filenames.py

right?

 From a quick glance at translations of the Learning Manual, it seems
that in practice, for many languages the argument of @ref is often
translated.

How long it will work this way? (i.e. translation branch merged to 2.16
branch)

At least until 2.16.1, and probably not after that: I doubt David will
spend all the energy for, nor delegate to any developer or contributor
backporting some of the documentation changes from master to
stable/2.16.

Ok, then it would be nice if translators are informed a bit earlier when 2.16.1 is going to be released.