Re: [translations] Re: [Lilypond-auto] Patchy report

Il giorno ven, 31/08/2012 alle 12.20 +0200, Pavel Fric ha scritto:
> I focus on translation, and for the time being have no technical
> knowledge about texinfo. The way the changes come further is via
> patches. The recent problem for me was, that I unintentionally opend,
> changed and saved any from files in my lilypond-git working directory,
> and hen git pull continued only after (my decision) to git stash
> changes.

I'm not sure I understood correctly; in case you wanted to commit the
stashed changes, have you popped/applied them (git stash pop/git stash
apply) and pushed?

> *** Undefined node `Přímo vyjádřené začátky hlasů' in @ref (in
> out-www/learning/tweaks.texi l. 3769)
>
> I´ve changed Přímo vyjádřené začátky hlasů, but in the next change I
> would like to come back to this translation.

When you change a node/section name, you must update all references to
it too, this is why you want to find the best translation for these at
the first trial :-)  Note that such a @ref error is fatal, i.e. it
causes the whole documentation build to fail.

> The notation - the nodes for it are from time to time present in
> fundamental.itely (or in another places) - the state was/is 1 1/2 year
> old (I worked on many other projects, part of them connected to
> LilyPond, such as Frescobaldi, Denemo, LilyPond on
> translationproject.org), but generally this is untranslated.

Wow, you are contributing for so many projects.  I'd suggest to
"release" your translation work, i.e. push it to translation branch,
when it's finished  (and ideally proofread, but this is not required
before committing and pushing), because as you have noticed the
translations are released in 2.16 stable series now and so may get a
large audience.

>  When time comes and I will have tutorial finished, I´ll ask Francisco
> to add the file(s) for Notation reference to my cs directory for me to
> be able to continue on translating it. Or maybe better the German
> version of code (translation on notation) - me not to have to focus on
> syntax.

You could do this yourself, preferably on a separate Git branch: make
sure you don't have uncommitted changes (git status), then

git checkout translation
git pull
git checkout translation/cs
cp Documentation/de/[the files you need] Documentation/cs/[use the same directory layout as in de/]
git add Documentation/cs
git commit

This way you don't have to leave German translations lying around in the
official sources (let's not mind for the ones that are already there).
When you want to merge back to translation, commit or stash all
uncommitted changes, then check that LilyPond and the documentation
build succesfully, then do (with the translation/cs branch still checked
out)

git pull
git rebase -i origin/translation

then squash the commits, e.g. keep "pick" for the first one, then put
"s" for all other ones, proceed with rebasing, and finally

git checkout translation
git merge translation/cs
git push origin translation:translation

> So the error messages - could it be ignored during compilation, or
> requires it more handwork, e. g. from say Francisco?

When there are two many warnings or errors, texi2html exits with
non-zero and cause the documentation build to fail, so the errors must
be fixed as soon as possible (which I did this time but some other time
if we're in a hurry for a release or many translators are working at
that time and are annoyed, a commit that breaks the build may be
reverted), and the warnings should be fixed at some point of time.

Best,
John