Re: [translations] how to handle snippets commit if you don't have push access

Il 30/01/2012 07:56, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
2012/1/29 Federico Bruni<fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
I'm almost ready to send the patch.
I would do this way:

1) I send a patch containing the new files (.texidoc files included, with
COMMITTISH instead of real committish)

2) You (Francisco) run update-lsr and commit the results

You mean makelsr.py

yes, makelsr.py

3) Me or you copy the committish in the new .texidoc files and commit it.
This should be easily done with sed:

cd Documentation/it/texidocs
grep 'COMMITTISH' * # just to check that only the right files are affected

sed sed -i
's/COMMITTISH/id-of-the-committish/g'
*.texidoc

yes but id-of-the-committish points to a file which could have changed
in the meantime, so the whole process should be very quick or you'll
lose information of those edits.

you are right, I'm working on a different version from yours.
This is my origin (last commit):
d58942c56765b8606c636355c2b01d147599eb8a

so I must run makelsr and then update the committish of texidoc files once I have from you the real committish of makelsr

If you do step 2 and 3 it would be one single patch. Maybe it's better?

'A single patch from you' but 2 more from me. It is impossible to do
steps 2+3 in a single patch because the committish in step 3 is the
commit ID of step 2.

you are right