Re: [translations] how to handle snippets commit if you don't have push access

2012/1/29 Federico Bruni <fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm almost ready to send the patch.
> I would do this way:
>
> 1) I send a patch containing the new files (.texidoc files included, with
> COMMITTISH instead of real committish)
>
> 2) You (Francisco) run update-lsr and commit the results

You mean makelsr.py

> 3) Me or you copy the committish in the new .texidoc files and commit it.
> This should be easily done with sed:
>
> cd Documentation/it/texidocs
> grep 'COMMITTISH' * # just to check that only the right files are affected
>
> sed sed -i
> 's/COMMITTISH/id-of-the-committish/g'
> *.texidoc

yes but id-of-the-committish points to a file which could have changed
in the meantime, so the whole process should be very quick or you'll
lose information of those edits.

> If you do step 2 and 3 it would be one single patch. Maybe it's better?

'A single patch from you' but 2 more from me. It is impossible to do
steps 2+3 in a single patch because the committish in step 3 is the
commit ID of step 2.

Oh wait, maybe 2+3 could be a single patch after all if I put the ID
of commit #1.