Re: [translations] compiling error "make: Entering an unknown directory"

Le 07/01/2012 16:56, Federico Bruni disait :
Hi Francisco,

Il 06/01/2012 20:42, Francisco Vila ha scritto:
2012/1/4 Federico Bruni<fedelogy@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Il 03/01/2012 21:36, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
> I'm still curious to know how you build the doc.
> I would prefer using build/.... but maybe it is not
recommended/allowed for
> translators?
I usually just 'make doc' and go shopping.

 > Besides: I see no reason why a method in particular should be
 > recommended specially for translators. Even less be disallowed.

I think that you didn't understand my question.
It is about *the directory where* you build lilypond.
In a previous email I better explained the issue (I've pasted it below).

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.
 From now on I'll never build in build/

Il 03/01/2012 21:36, Federico Bruni ha scritto:
 > BTW, how do you build Jean-Charles?
 > In the root directory or in build/?
 >
 > I'm afraid that two builds could create conflicts...
 > I used to:
 >
 > - first build lilypond in build/
 >
 > - then, in order to use the translation scripts, I need to run the
 > configure in the root and then 'make -C scripts && make -C python'. This
 > way I can cd into Documentation and run 'make check-translation'.
 >
 > There's any cons in this setup?
 >
 > For example, if I try a new build in build/ **after** running configure
 > in the root directory, I get this warning:

I think you make a mistake here. If I understand correctly the CG, you should not run "configure" in the root, but do:

$ cd /home/fede/lilypond-git
$ ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
$ mkdir build
$ cd build/
$ ../configure
$ make whatever is to be built

 > Does it mean that translators shouldn't build in build/?
 > Or I'm missing something?

As a matter of fact, I've always built in the root of a local clone.

Cheers,
Jean-Charles