Re: [translations] compiling error "make: Entering an unknown directory"

Il 07/01/2012 18:00, Jean-Charles Malahieude ha scritto:
> For example, if I try a new build in build/ **after** running configure
> in the root directory, I get this warning:

I think you make a mistake here. If I understand correctly the CG, you
should not run "configure" in the root, but do:

$ cd /home/fede/lilypond-git
$ ./autogen.sh --noconfigure
$ mkdir build
$ cd build/
$ ../configure
$ make whatever is to be built

Yes, this is what I do the first time, when I'm just interested in building lilypond (because I want to use the development version).

Then, if I want to work on translation, I need to run these two commands in the root:

../autogen.sh
make -C python && make -C scripts

Maybe I should have used --noconfigure?
I mean something like this:

../autogen.sh --noconfigure
cp GNUmakefile.in GNUmakefile
make -C python && make -C scripts

(GNUmakefile is generated automatically when using autogen with no options; I don't know if --noconfigure creates this file or not)

> Does it mean that translators shouldn't build in build/?
> Or I'm missing something?

As a matter of fact, I've always built in the root of a local clone.

Yes, the build/ directory suggestion has been introduced in the doc just recently.