Re: [translations] compiling error "make: Entering an unknown directory"

Le 03/01/2012 19:14, Federico Bruni disait :
Hi translators,

First of all,
 HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY !

I've started translating the NR and I'm now trying to compile the
documentation to see the results. But I get this error when I run 'make
-j3':

make: Entering an unknown directory
make: *** notation: No such file or directory. Stop.
make: Leaving an unknown directory
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/fede/lilypond-git/build/Documentation/it'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/fede/lilypond-git/build/Documentation'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What happens if you launch "make -j1"?
The offending file/directory might be further upwards because of multiple threads. I'm always in trouble when making a fresh build other than with j1.

I followed the CG and I've placed "notation" in
Documentation/it/GNUMakefile, which has now the following lines:

ISOLANG = it
depth = ../..
SUBDIRS = learning texidocs web usage included notation
STEPMAKE_TEMPLATES = documentation texinfo
LOCALSTEPMAKE_TEMPLATES = lilypond ly doc-i18n-root

include $(depth)/make/stepmake.make

I also have this GNUMakefile in Documentation/it/notation:

depth = ../../..

LOCALSTEPMAKE_TEMPLATES = ly

include $(depth)/make/stepmake.make

Both look good.

By the way, you should have

Documentation/it/notation.tely => the master file for NR, with includes (try in a first step to comment the lines where includes are not present for you)

Documentation/it/notation/notation.itely => first chapter of NR with includes for sections (pitches, rhythms...)

Hoping this helps,

Cheers,
Jean-Charles