Re: [translations] How to use git

2010/11/10 Till Paala <till.rettig@xxxxxx>:

> Yeah, have just been to lazy up to now to do it this style; after all isn't
> git meant to work that way: everybody does their stuff locally and
> reconnects and commits the changes when he is done.

Yes, but a clean history for everyone else is also desirable.

I can guess the development of the linux kernel, for example, where
there are hundredths of people sending commits at the same time, could
well be a chaos if git didn't cope with this.  Fortunately, the most
common situation is not many people working on the same lines of the
same files at the same time.

> But I will see if I can develop a work flow with doing patches and applying
> them on top.

Note that I proposed that as a last resort only, not recommending it in general.