[translations] How to use git

Hi translators,

I just got annoyed by this superflous merge commit with the message
"Merge branch 'lilypond/translation' of ssh://git.sv.gnu.org/srv/git/lilypond into lilypond/translation" that git does me almost all the time. How to pull correctly so this wouldn't occur anymore?

Sometimes ago I thought this was solved and I didn't get this kind of commits anymore, but now they have reappeared and it seems everybody else did understand the clou about it :-)

Thanks
Till