Re: [tablatures] slides

Federico Bruni schrieb:
Valentin Villenave wrote:
On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Federico Bruni <brunology@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I've come up with this new code (see file attached).

Much better!

I've uploaded it as http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=633

I'm not sure what tablature.ly would change in the snippet. It didn't
exist in 2.12 (which the LSR is running), and as far as I can see, it
doesn't exist (yet?) in the 2.13 branch.

In this case, tablature.ly is useful because it modifies the slope of the slides. Without tablature.ly, all the slides go from down left to up right (no matter if it's a slide into or a slide from).
With tablature.ly, slide into have down left --> up right direction,
while slide from have up left --> down right direction.

I attach an image..

As you can see in the image, the ledger lines are still visible (for guitar, you normally use \clef "treble_8", so in your example, the ledger lines wouldn't appear either).
tablature.ly is a file written by Marc Hohl to allow us to test the new tablature features. It won't exist in any future version of LilyPond, as that code will be included in different configuration files (ask Marc if you want to know more).

So, I think it might be a good idea to add tablature.ly in the LSR. (you find it attached)
Hm, I am not sure about this, but if we would include it, we should remove the "moderntab" part,
because this demands changing internal files to work properly.

Marc