Re: [frogs] chord_name_engraver - help with c++ ...

On 06/07/11 19:09, Wols Lists wrote:
> The only problem I'm having at the moment is with make-pitch - I want to
> document a sharp or flat, and it wants to take an integer as the third
> argument. Experiment isn't being that helpful at finding what that third
> argument should be (-1 is returning either a double-flat or half-flat,
> not sure which). The docu says "alter is a rational number of 200-cent
> whole tones", but without an example I can't understand what that
> actually means - the words are clear but the meaning isn't :-(

Managed to find it :-) It thinks that -1/2 is an integer ... :-)

Documentation snippet attached, it needs to go in the Notation
Reference, section 2.7.2 Displaying chords, subsection Printing chord names.

Cheers,
Wol
If the capoPitch property is set, then the chords will additionally be printed
transposed for a guitar with the capo set appropriately.

In make-pitch, leave the first argument at 0, the second argument is the
interval (-2 is a third), and the third argument adjusts it up or down a
semitone.

<<
  \new ChordNames \chordmode {
    c1
    b1
    g1
    c1
  }
  \set ChordNames.capoPitch = #(ly:make-pitch 0 -2 -1/2)
  \chordmode {
    c1
    b1
    g1