Re: [frogs] chord_name_engraver - help with c++ ...

On 05/07/11 01:15, Wols Lists wrote:
>> And I'd recommend the code be something like
>> >
>> >        SCM capo_pitch = get_property ("capoPitch");
>> >        bool capo = false;
>> >        if !(capo_pitch == SCM_EOL)
>> >          capo = (Pitch::compare (unsmob_pitch (capo_pitch), Pitch()) != 0)
>> >
>> > Note -- I haven't tested this code.  But I think it follows the general
>> > trend.
>> >
>> > HTH,
>> >
> Thanks - it helps A LOT.
>
> I'd found this - as you can see from my other email - and was trying to
> go down this exact path, but it was still blowing up on me. I'll use
> this and it should tell me where I'm going wrong. But it's quarter past
> one in the morning and my wife will not be happy if I'm not in bed soon,
> so I'll carry on tomorrow :-)
>
> Thanks again,
> Cheers,
> Wol

Next step - that code compiles okay. But it doesn't work when run ...

I'm getting the following errors:

Interpreting music...
warning: cannot find property type-check for `capoVertical'
(translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway
warning: cannot find property type-check for `capoPitch'
(translation-type?).  perhaps a typing error?
warning: doing assignment anyway

But I've added capoVertical and capoPitch to the ADD_TRANSLATOR section,
and I've added them to define-context-properties.scm. So why can't it
find it? Or is it that I've installed 2.15 locally, and it's finding the
scheme code for 2.14 or 2.12? Unlikely, I would have thought, wouldn't
that cause a crash?

Is there a C++ function that will dump the contents of a scheme variable
to stdout?

Cheers,
Wol