From: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2023 7:53 AM
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Accurately measuring clock drift

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 01:17:10PM +0200, Rob Janssen wrote:
> Miroslav,
>
> Are you aware of any affordable PCIe card that supports PPS input on a generic PC server?
>
> Ideally would be like this:
>
> - TTL input of a PPS signal with minimal pulse length all the way down to 100ns
> - some hardware time stamping method
> - supported interface to chrony
> - maybe even a serial port in addition

No, I'm not aware of any cards that would meet your requirements.

Normally I would recommend the Intel I210. It's cheap, widely
available and well supported. It has 3.3V SDPs. A voltage divider
would fix that for TTL logic. But it's not usable with short
pulses, at least not with the chronyd's way of detecting edges when
the HW timestamps both as the I210 does. It doesn't have a serial
port.