Re: [chrony-users] Chrony not taking SOCKET data from Application

Hi Miroslav Lichvar,

Thank you. Please find the logs and chrony config file attached wherein I observe below:
- the Last Rx value is fluctuating between 0, 1, and 2
- Last Sample is showing offset in nanoseconds and sometimes microseconds
1PPS is arrived for every 1 seconds but still output of ./chronyc sources shows the above observations.

Should I have to add more directives to the PPS reference clock or GPS refclock to make Last Rx value be always 1second?
Can we reduce the offset to less than 100ns with some configuration in chrony?

Note: GPS time is sent from application through socket very frequently like 10 times in a second.

Thanks & Regards
Sarveshwar.K

On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 3:57 PM Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 30, 2023 at 03:24:35PM +0530, sarveshwar k wrote:
> Thank you. Now I am able to configure and sync system time based on 1PPS
> and GPS information.

Great.

> One more query is: Is it possible to sync system clock with RTC time until
> GPS fix is received. And whenever GPS data is not available, RTC should be
> the reference clock.

Not with chronyd alone. You would need a separate application/script
providing the RTC offset to chronyd as a SOCK refclock and the GPS
one could be marked as trusted to resolve the disagreement between the
refclocks.