Re: [chrony-users] Chrony not taking SOCKET data from Application

Hi Miroslav Lichvar,

Thank you. Now I am able to configure and sync system time based on 1PPS and GPS information.

One more query is: Is it possible to sync system clock with RTC time until GPS fix is received. And whenever GPS data is not available, RTC should be the reference clock.

Thanks & Regards
Sarveshwar.K

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 2:05 PM Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 01:12:42PM +0530, sarveshwar k wrote:
> I see the reference time of GPS is taken by Chronyd, but not synchronizing
> the system clock.

The tracking "system time" offset is very large. That means it needs
to step. You have makestep in your configuration, which suggests the
offset is changing over time. You will need to figure out why, or
allow unlimited steps, e.g. "makestep 1 -1".