Re: [chrony-users] Chrony not taking SOCKET data from Application

Hi Miroslav Lichvar,

I have set poll 0 for refclock SOCK. When I checked the date command I still didnt see the GPS time taken.

As GPS time is today date which I am sending to chronyd, I see chronyd is not syncing to that time. I still see system time is not the date and time that I have sent through SOCK.

Should I have to change configuration to achieve this? Does refclock_sock.c file APIs wont get called to read the sample from GPS, as I used the structure defined in this file.

Thanks & Regards
Sarveshwar.K

On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 1:21 PM Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 24, 2023 at 11:45:46AM +0530, sarveshwar k wrote:
> Hi Miroslav Lichvar,
>
> I have used a different socket to send the GPS time to chrony. But I see
> GPS status in chronyc as #?. And I didnt see the GPS time taken into
> consideration by chronyd. And I didnt see in the log that it received
> samples from SOCK refclock.

'?' for the SOCK refclock is expected with the noselect option. You
can set poll to 0 to see the reachability register filled more quickly
after start.

The log shows PPS samples accumulated, which means both the PPS and
the locked SOCK refclock are working.