From: Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 26, 2020 3:11 AM
To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Refclock Integration Advice

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 03:26:31PM +0000, Chang, Benjamin wrote:
> Assuming that's right, somehow its overlapping itself? From the attached image (I drew red lines to help separate), the first and second asserts are the same, but the "clear"s are different. Shouldn't the first clear prevent the second assert from being 'behind'/earlier than the first clear? Somehow its stepping backwards in time?

The command is just reporting the last registered assert and clear events, separately. If an assert is missing, the same value will be reported multiple times.

If clear is more reliable, maybe you could use them for synchronization with the :clear option and correct the offset with the offset option?

Ideally, you would configure the GPS to make a longer pulse, or add a pulse stretcher.

BTW, if you need to post screenshots, please upload them somewhere first (e..g. imgur.com) and post just a link here. Thanks.