Re: [chrony-users] Configuring chrony debian service - BBB

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 10:07:12AM -0500, Joe Smith wrote:
> I don't know exactly how pps_ldisc is being loaded. Both greps you
> suggested yielded zero results. I can only guess that it is part of
> pps-tools.

The pps_ldisc module is loaded becaused gpsd sets the PPS line
discipline (even when there is no PPS signal).

> I was going to try specifying both /dev/ttyS4 and /dev/pps0 in the gpsd
> config to see if that helps anything.

That might help. If you can force gpsd to use the GPIO PPS, you won't
need to specify the PPS refclock in chrony.conf and instead you can
use the SHM 1 or SOCK provided by gpsd.