|Re: [chrony-users] PPS correction not being applied|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] PPS correction not being applied
- From: Brian Gieryk <ke6iyc@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 08:32:22 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=mac.com; s=4d515a; t=1487950347; bh=OZg45lp+Km0KI6JlGpc/wb4B5TvOQs1RpfwJ8sD+ejY=; h=From:Content-type:MIME-version:Subject:Message-id:Date:To; b=Auw/UWiNrTuDs5hjYvq9UD28TW7u97vzA/Y0s2DrPQKIT20ruCqAkZY3LGY9v4ii8 15vXIsOFhcTWcV0g92dRveMp3HNO+Y+6F6PeOvXCAYex5kgsk0klMlL2nnod9VCRgQ Ra/dGglT/5hoPM1zw05mB4or7HOFV1iMZLeVygBSUfUlDU5o32eLO4H2B6ZncCta17 I72eePyGRfrEHZt9AdzY7vhsdsQxor52YLJZ3+E5jFjhqGf5U/gUuhbpXt9aI2rTuc AFe61bVqkUzxOR+aaMMRkhyjS3O/+HguZ3hIGCIJZoEv/uric0SbVgfOuF/OjL4cWV nE1ZIystifQkw==
I changed (in chrony.conf) GPS precision to 1e-6 and added PPS precision at 1e-9.
Now chronyc sources is seeing PPS!
I will let it cook awhile.
Sent from my iPhone
> On Feb 24, 2017, at 01:34, Miroslav Lichvar <mlichvar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:00:42AM -0800, Bill Unruh wrote:
>> You are not logging a crucial thing, refclocks logging.
>> Put refclocks into the logging line in chrony.conf
>> Note-- it is pps that gines the accuracy. And you need to lock PPS to a
>> working other source of inaccurate time (better than seconds)
> It would be also good to know what GPS receiver is it. Maybe it
> doesn't have PPS or it is not working? gpsd prints some useful
> messages in the debug mode. E.g.
> gpsd -n -N /dev/ttyS0 -D 9 2>&1 | grep PPS
> Anyway, there are several options when configuring chrony to use GPS
> with gpsd. I think the best options are:
> A) refclock SHM 1
> B) refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.ttyS0.sock
> C) refclock SHM 0 refid NMEA noselect
> refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock NMEA
> Only one should be used at a time. B requires chronyd to be started
> before gpsd. C requires gpsd (or ldattach) to be started before
> chronyd. In A the order doesn't matter.
> Miroslav Lichvar
> To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
> For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> with "help" in the subject.
> Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.