Re: [chrony-users] PPS correction not being applied

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 08:01:16AM -0700, Brian Gieryk wrote:
> Ok, there is one GPS (with PPS out on a second output, going to GPIO 18 on the rpi)
>
> I did a little change (commented out the two NMEA sources.
>
> I am running gpsd for the GPS source.

Ok, the PPS input is on a GPIO instead of serial port. That makes a
difference. gpsd probably doesn't know that /dev/pps0 belongs to the
GPS and it doesn't process the PPS signal. Adding /dev/pps0 to the
gpsd command line in addition to the serial device might help.

If that doesn't work, you can use the PPS device directly with the PPS
refclock and use gpsd just for the message timing data. Like this:

refclock SHM 0 refid NMEA noselect
refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock NMEA refid GPS