Re: [chrony-users] PPS correction not being applied

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 12:00:42AM -0800, Bill Unruh wrote:
> You are not logging a crucial thing, refclocks logging.
> Put refclocks into the logging line in chrony.conf
>

> Note-- it is pps that gines the accuracy. And you need to lock PPS to a
> working other source of inaccurate time (better than seconds)

It would be also good to know what GPS receiver is it. Maybe it
doesn't have PPS or it is not working? gpsd prints some useful
messages in the debug mode. E.g.

gpsd -n -N /dev/ttyS0 -D 9 2>&1 | grep PPS

Anyway, there are several options when configuring chrony to use GPS
with gpsd. I think the best options are:

A) refclock SHM 1

B) refclock SOCK /var/run/chrony.ttyS0.sock

C) refclock SHM 0 refid NMEA noselect
   refclock PPS /dev/pps0 lock NMEA

Only one should be used at a time. B requires chronyd to be started
before gpsd. C requires gpsd (or ldattach) to be started before
chronyd. In A the order doesn't matter.