Re: [chrony-users] Getting chrony status

I also have a very strange and annoying behavior I need to debug, somehow:
It happens (rarely, about once in a few days) system time, as seen using either "date" or "time(null)", "jumps around" for a short while and then resets to normal. I mean I have record of time going in the past (two days), then in the future (> one month) then in the past again (>one week) and finally going back to "right" time.

Uh, that certainly should not happen, and that should be reflected in all the
log files. Have you looked at the "measurements" log and seen the time
jumping? Is it one of the pool servers or a few or all of them? (the latter
might suggest that there is some program resetting the time for you that you
are running.)

I spotted this because my target (embedded ARM) has a display that, when idle, just displays system time&date (fetched using "time(null)"), I casually

What is "time(null)"? Are you sure that your program for displaying the time
is not screwed up?

spotted the bogus time and confirmed this was not a problem with my application by connecting to console and issuing several "date" commands.

Real question is:
How do I debug such situation?

You start with the logs. What is the behaviour of "measurements" around that
time. What is the behaviour of the other logs around that time.

Should I see something on log? (I didn't spot anything suspicious)
How can I tell chrony to log any correction done to sysclock?

What does that mean? It does log steps, which is what this sounds like.

TiA