Re: [chrony-users] Getting chrony status

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 05:06:46AM +0200, Mauro Condarelli wrote:
> Thanks Steve.
> I know about "chronyc tracking", but that is human-readable info.
> I need to parse it (in a shell script) to delay starting of my app until time has settled down.
> Is it enough to wait for "Leap status" to go to "Normal"?
> ... or should I take into consideration other values?.

Depending on how chronyd is configured and what exactly you mean by
"time has settled down", you might need to check also the "System
time" and "Skew" values.

The chronyc waitsync command can do all this for you.

http://chrony.tuxfamily.org/doc/2.4/chronyc.html#waitsync