Re: [chrony-users] Not getting time from gpsd

On Mon, Aug 08, 2016 at 01:21:56PM -0400, Chris Greenman wrote:
> 210 Number of sources = 1
> MS Name/IP address         Stratum Poll Reach LastRx Last sample

> #* GPS                           0   4   377    17   +296us[ +347us] +/-
>  200ms
>

> I am perfectly happy with 200ms error in time.   That more than suits my
> needs.

You might want to try this with some NTP sources and see how accurate
is the GPS time source. From that you would adjust the offset value on
the refclock SHM line so the the error is reduced and the GPS source
is not marked as a falseticker when there are other source. I'd also
suggest to add "minsamples 64" to the refclock directive, so chronyd
doesn't try to follow short-term variations in the measured offset
(the error in the message based GPS time tends to be non-random).