Re: [chrony-users] Reference ID

Maybe for chrony 2.5 (I think its probably too late for 2.4) the chronyc tracking display should carry a warning that the first field is not an IP address and that the format will change in the future. The change could then be made in chrony 2.6.

Do you really want an extra paragraph of bumf in the tracking output, each and
every time you use tracking? This kind of thing belongs in the documentation
(I know, most never read it, but making each command carry its own
documentation as output each time it is run is not a solution.)