[chrony-users] Reference ID

I recently installed an IPv6 network on my lan. When crony syncs to a server using IPv6 it extracts some bits from the IPv6 address of the server and then displays them in the Reference ID as an IPv4 address which bears no relationship to any host on my lan. I have seen similar issues with the translation of a reference clock ID to a pseudo IP address.

I’m wondering if in these cases it might night be better for chrony to use an IP address from one of the reserved IPv4 address ranges rather than synthesising what may well be a real IP belonging to some unrelated network.

Just a thought.

Bryan

—
Bryan Christianson