Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS

On Mon, 11 Apr 2016, Deven Hickingbotham wrote:

On 4/11/2016 2:26 PM, Bill Unruh wrote:
So please tell us what it is you are trying to do that makes you think you
want more frequency updates.

The faster update rate is not to get GPS time more frequently, but to get GPS location data more frequently. I'm working on an auto racing app where the car can be moving at 250 feet per second, so an update every second is not very accurate for my needs.

CAn you not tell the gps to deliver time and location at rates which are
independent of each other? And are you sure that the gps can really update the
position at 10 times per second? There are quite a lot of calculations and
measurements that need to be done to update the position. Is you receiver
capable of doing it. (Just because it says it does something 10 times per sec
does not mean it delivers anything meaningful that quickly).

Deven