|Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS|
[ Thread Index |
| More chrony.tuxfamily.org/chrony-users Archives
- To: chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [chrony-users] Setting up Chrony with PPS
- From: Deven Hickingbotham <devenh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:47:17 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=pacbell.net; s=s2048; t=1460414826; bh=V+LeGF8etBpqfRfmSHC3YOeexa0zqySsQOOIqW/Sm5Q=; h=Subject:References:To:From:Date:In-Reply-To:From:Subject; b=LC1/dp28GQUShimkEgfaJg+C1CaDSshXBg7maCRk8CGb5KrI4Twl2aKwVmdmbLN5vLhk8gMIqKiGwXg2S9DW7gph8oGy11owjk1iGoncGon4XyawtfC6TLyuzhRlu37+Eyk4KMgTlXtrAa4B9NYZ/PvhQ4ba4xsLFGWFZAN5xSZlJLrZjoeTDZAeZXehE+All1ZOgMUkYilZ+bbjt5MG+h+2hbRrMkyxBgJb0lj4dUHm0/e63OqWaHpBoBVGAG12IJfpt/D4rEqyfKhaDh8ShcTmWBTMCgoC0qTxZclG8+cVqdWGDMVPj+bNZIulhnkVOMhMZ2csweR6so3tg0SaIw==
On 4/11/2016 3:03 PM, Bill Unruh wrote:
CAn you not tell the gps to deliver time and location at rates which are
independent of each other?
Possibly. Several NMEA sentences include time data. Which NMEA
sentence is chrony using?
FYI, ntp does work at the faster update rate.
And are you sure that the gps can really
position at 10 times per second? There are quite a lot of calculations and
measurements that need to be done to update the position. Is you receiver
capable of doing it. (Just because it says it does something 10 times
does not mean it delivers anything meaningful that quickly).
Yes. I've tested a couple of GPS devices that can update at 5 or more
times per second, and they all provide pretty accurate data.
To unsubscribe email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "unsubscribe" in the subject.
For help email chrony-users-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with "help" in the subject.
Trouble? Email listmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.