Re: [chrony-users] Chrony Server Not Listening‏

Server:
*****
ls: cannot access '/etc/systemd/system/chrony.service': No such file
or directory

$ sudo ss -pan | grep chron
u_dgr  ESTAB      0      0      /var/run/chrony/chronyd.sock 150596
            * 0                   users:(("chronyd",pid=6052,fd=7))
*****
Desktop:
*****
Mar 04 08:11:01 desktop systemd[1]: Stopped Network Time Synchronization.
Mar 04 08:11:01 desktop systemd[1]: Starting Network Time Synchronization...
Mar 04 08:11:01 desktop systemd[1]: Started Network Time Synchronization.
Mar 04 08:11:01 desktop systemd-timesyncd[17159]: Synchronized to time
server 192.168.1.1:123 (192.168.1.1).
*****
Odd, maybe I just didn't understand sockets. I figured I would have
seen port 123 and/or 323 listed as listening on the server.
The issue arose yesterday when my server's power supply went into
protection-mode when I was messing with wires to my modem because my
ISP link went down.
Then when I brought my server back up, I was seeing the date was now
set to February 22. That's when I started looking into chrony and
hwclock.
I would manually set the date, reboot and the date would reset back to
Feb 22. So I did hwclock --systohc and that set the time correctly and
didn't switch back to Feb 22 after a reboot.
I then thought that maybe chrony was futzing because my ISP link was
down. At that point, I don't remember what I was checking and when,
but it's all good now and was probably good before. I just don't know.
But my desktop log was showing "Mar 03 13:47:55 desktop
systemd-timesyncd[676]: Timed out waiting for reply from
192.168.1.1:123 (192.168.1.1)."

I'll have to look into the whole sockets/ports thing and see why I'm
not seeing the "listening" entries. I think sshd does the same thing
considering there is "sshd.service" and "ssh@.service" (which I think
the @ is about sockets).

Sorry about the false-report and thanks for the walkthrough.