Re: [chrony-users] Chrony Server Not Listening‏

On Fri, Mar 04, 2016 at 07:49:17AM -0600, Nathan wrote:
> *****
> $ cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/chrony.service

Any chance you have also /etc/systemd/system/chrony.service?

> [Unit]
> Description=Chrony Network Time Daemon
> After=network.target
> Conflicts=systemd-timesyncd.service
>
> [Service]
> Type=forking
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/chronyd -u chrony
> PIDFile=/var/run/chronyd.pid
> *****

That looks good.

> Shell1:
> *****
> $ sudo /usr/bin/chronyd -u chrony -d -f /etc/chrony.conf
>
> Shell2:
> $ sudo chronyc -h 127.0.0.1 tracking
> Reference ID    : 127.127.1.1 ()

Ok, chronyd is responding on the port 323/udp. Does it respond to NTP
clients now and are the sockets visible in the ss output?

If yes, it's probably a problem in how the service is started, maybe
something with systemd, but I'm not sure how to debug that. Maybe
others will have suggestions.