Re: [chrony-users] Two Issues

On 03/12/2015 07:51 AM, Weary1 wrote:

    [snip]

So which is the *better* (if perhaps not "bigger") hammer:  "makestep" or
"initstepslew"?  IOW, which of them should I put into chrony.conf?

OK, I have (tentatively) added the following two entries in the server's "chrony.conf":

# Added 3/12/15, per suggestions on chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# mailing list.
#
makestep 1200 10

# Added 3/12/15, per suggestions on chrony-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# mailing list.
#
initstepslew 120 rackety.udel.edu tick.usno.navy.mil tock.usno.navy.mil

I have *NOT* yet restarted chrony or re-booted the server; and for peace of mind, I would like conformation from one or both of you (Bill or Miroslav) that this is OK before I do so.

--

Weary1