Re: [chrony-users] Two Issues

On 03/12/2015 06:04 AM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:

    [snip]

One workaround is to specify the servers with IP addresses instead of
names.

I've been using the fully-qualified host names for two main reasons:

1. - Those servers (and the networks they're hung off of) are not under my control. So what happens if/when their IP address assignments change?

2. - I would prefer to see the server names in the listing produced by a "chronyc sources", as it's easier to recognize which is which.

Half-baked idea #647: I doubt this is "kosher"; but would it foul things up too badly if I were to define each source "server" twice, once by host name and once by raw IP?

--

Weary1