Re: [chrony-dev] When will chrony release next?

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 08:47:16AM +0000, FUSTE Emmanuel wrote:
> NTP servers pool connected to the PTP network and to the organization
> network.
> Each server use the GM on the PTP network.

The servers have a SHM reference clock providing the PTP time (e.g.
phc2sys)?

> With ntpd, as long as my refclock is running all work normally.
> If I lost my PTP switch, orphan mode kick in and all the servers in the
> pool serve a coherent time.
>
> With chrony, as refclocks are not taken into account in the orphan mode
> decision (status of the refclock, stratum) and as I am not using other
> externals NTP sources I am always in orphan mode.

I'm not sure what is the difference here. The orphan mode should be
active, but with chrony it's not? I.e. the servers are still
synchronized to their SHM refclocks and don't want to select a server
to which all others should synchronize?