Re: [SliTaz] Working on an italian translation of SliTaz System

Hi Christian,

Done:
  * http://hg.slitaz.org/slitaz-configs/rev/f1274043679f
  * http://hg.slitaz.org/tazinst/rev/edbe0e93ecac
  * http://hg.slitaz.org/tazpanel/rev/9db974cf09db

> Also, I changed this field:
> "Language: it_IT\n"
> to:
> "Language: it\n"
> to reflect the common practice in the other translations.

Right.
"it_IT" is stands for "Italian, as they say in Italy";
"it" is stands for "Italian worldwide" (generic).
Also "it_CH" locale exists: Italian in Switzerland.
Now both users who use "it_IT" and "it_CH" locales on their systems
can use your translations.

> Only a question, is it useful for your work the .mo files added by poedit?

No, I need only ".po" files.
The ".mo" files are created during the creation of the package.

The ".po" files are designed to be edited by translators, while ".mo"
files is binary format files designed to make the translations by the
system faster.

> Can I send only .po files without the .mo files?

Yes, of course.

Best regards