Re: SliTaz 4.0-RC2 - Announce (proofread and translate)

On Fri, 2 Mar 2012 21:42:57 -0300
Marcus César <caim_de_nod@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,

Hi,

> Rohit, I disagree with you. I think one of the fundamental ideas of
> SliTaz is precisely to provide a up to 30MB .ISO; I agree that it is
> not the size of the .ISO that makes a large or small distro. If for
> whatever reason the SliTaz .ISO go on to have more than 30 MB, the
> project will have failed (or abandoned) with one of its fundamental
> ideas. I use the SliTaz since 1.0, I was the one who started the
> translation project for PT-BR, use the distro both for domestic and
> for work and yes, I was sad when I downloaded the .ISO and saw that
> it was with more than 30 MB-thought it might be just in cooking, and
> frankly I'm still counting on that. Things may change, of course-but
> we also have to understand when and why we abandon an idea that was
> already (and, according to the website of SliTaz, still is)
> fundamental.

We must also think to the future and dont stay stuck on some principe
that are no longer relevent. Old hardware today is not the same than 6
years ago, my laptop was new 6 years ago now it's old... I'mean we are
still one of the most lighweight and modern OS in the world at 35MB. I
guess 6 years to get +5Mb is not a problem and dont forget we have
realy cool new stuff in SliTaz and the russian dolls version let us
install a full desktop with 48Mb of RAM, so we still targetting old
machine. But no warries, we not going to grown to much, yesterday I
changed 30 to 35 on the website and I guess it will be for the next
years.

You know some distro died because they was fixed and not flexible like
us, we must for sure keep the philosophy who made slitaz what it is
today but we must think of evolution :-)

Best regards,