Re: Where is pankso?

Whatever the reasoning, we have to make a choice.

I have a general reasoning about things like this. If something doesn't
work the way I want, I generally try to fix it so it does. Then I share
my 'fixes'. That's how my packages and the majority of my other projects
came into existence. Bemoaning how your packages are being ignored
doesn't help the matter. Do what I or Christopher did and make your own
site for them.

Also remember that the new Unity or Gnome Shell Ubuntu uses is only
available in Ubuntu. Other distros still provide pure GNOME instead of
this alternative.

Another factor we have to consider is that with the latest kernel we
instantly lose support for older hardware because support for it got
stripped from the kernel. This is a fact of Linux.

But let's decide now. It's clear that 'life happened' to pankso and I
don't believe we should begrudge him this. What we should do is try to
preserve his creation, even if we have to put in place the missing
pieces ourselves. He can correct things he doesn't like later, but for
now, it's just us and we need to push this or SliTaz will suffer the
same fate as Damn Small Linux, although not for the same reasons.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents worth.