Re: Before you start release cooking iso

> I just looked at archlinux usbutils and found a patch for fixing
> usbutils to have usb.ids in /usr/share/hwdata.
> http://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git/tree/usbutils/trunk/fix-python2.patch
>
> We can drop the python2 part and change hwdata to misc. Also you can
> again make a package with this link for usb.ids:
>
> http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids

NO NO NO... Udev looks for /usr/share/usb.ids

udev.log:

usb.ids:		/usr/share/usb.ids
pci.ids:		/usr/share/misc/pci.ids.gz

In udev receipt I use --with-pci-ids-path=/usr/share/misc/pci.ids.gz
but they no equivalent for usb.ids. Also it sould be compressed. So
dont touch that.